* What are 10Base2, 10Base5 and 10BaseT Ethernet LANs ?
* What is the difference between an unspecified passive open and a fully specified passive open
* Explain the function of Transmission Control Block
* What is a Management Information Base (MIB)
* What is anonymous FTP and why would you use it?
* What is a pseudo tty?
* What is REX?
* What does the Mount protocol do ?
* What is External Data Representation?
* What is the Network Time Protocol?
* What is a DNS resource record?
* What protocol is used by DNS name servers?
* What is the difference between interior and exterior neighbor gateways?
* What is the HELLO protocol used for?
* What are the advantages and disadvantages of the three types of routing tables?
* What is source route?
* What is RIP (Routing Information Protocol)?
* What is SLIP (Serial Line Interface Protocol)?
* What is Proxy ARP?
* What is OSPF?
* What is Kerberos?
* What is a Multi-homed Host?
* What is NVT (Network Virtual Terminal)?
* What is Gateway-to-Gateway protocol?
* What is BGP (Border Gateway Protocol)?
* What is autonomous system?
* What is EGP (Exterior Gateway Protocol)?
* What is IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol)?
* What is Mail Gateway?
* What is wide-mouth frog?
* What are Digrams and Trigrams?
* What is silly window syndrome?
* What is region?
* What is multicast routing?
* What is traffic shaping?
* What is packet filter?
* What is virtual path?
* What is virtual channel?
* What is logical link control?
* Why should you care about the OSI Reference Model?
* What is the difference between routable and non- routable protocols?
* What is MAU?
* Explain 5-4-3 rule.
* What is the difference between TFTP and FTP application layer protocols?
* What is the range of addresses in the classes of internet addresses?
* What is the minimum and maximum length of the header in the TCP segment and IP datagram?
* What is difference between ARP and RARP?
* What is ICMP?
* What are the data units at different layers of the TCP / IP protocol suite?
* What is Project 802?
* What is Bandwidth?
* Difference between bit rate and baud rate?
* What is MAC address?
* What is attenuation?
* What is cladding?
* What is RAID?
* What is NETBIOS and NETBEUI?
* What is redirector?
* What is Beaconing?
* What is terminal emulation, in which layer it comes?
* What is frame relay, in which layer it comes?
* What do you meant by “triple X” in Networks?
* What is SAP?
* What is subnet?
* What is Brouter?
* How Gateway is different from Routers?
* What are the different type of networking / internetworking devices?
* What is mesh network?
* What is passive topology?
* What are the important topologies for networks?
* What are major types of networks and explain?
* What is Protocol Data Unit?
* What is difference between baseband and broadband transmission?
* What are the possible ways of data exchange?
* What are the types of Transmission media?
* What are the types of Transmission media?
* What is point-to-point protocol?
* What are the two types of transmission technology available?
* Difference between the communication and transmission?
* What is a different between switch and Hub?
* What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of DHCP?
* What is Recovery Console?
* What is ERD(Emergency Repair Disk)?
* What is the difference between POP3 and IMAP Mail Server?
* what is .ost file?
* Whatz the difference between DNS and WINS?
* How can we create VPN to connect to branch office of the same office.what would be the priliminary requirment?
* Why should we care about the OSI Reference Model ? What is the main purpose for creating this osi model? why it is a layered model?
* What is layer-3 switch?
* What is an email client? what is differnce between email client and web mail?
* what is the vlan ? how it is work?
* Name three network tools used to determine where a network connectivity is lost between two sites A&B.
* Which protocol is used for retrieving mails?
* What is piggy backing?
* What is the default subnet mask for an ipv6 address ?
* What is fragmentation of a packet ?
* What is MTU of a link ?
* Name any field of IP header that can prevent a packet to loop infinitely ?
* Under what situations a packet can go into infinite loop in a network ?
* Describe a 3-way TCP/IP Handshake.
- Amanda (2)
- Ansible (2)
- Answer these Questions (2)
- antivirus (2)
- apache (3)
- Bash (16)
- Chef (3)
- Citrix (2)
- clusters (2)
- Concept (22)
- DatabaseAdminstration (11)
- DevOps (1)
- dhcp (2)
- Downloads (3)
- ELK (1)
- ELK stack (1)
- encryption (1)
- Free trainings (1)
- Frequently Used Commands (46)
- FTP (1)
- git (1)
- gpg (2)
- Hardware (1)
- httpd (2)
- Interview Questions (54)
- iptables (1)
- IT NEWS (3)
- java (1)
- kibana (2)
- knife (1)
- KVM (2)
- linux (17)
- Linux installations (22)
- Linux Jobs (4)
- Linux Links (2)
- logstash (1)
- Mac (1)
- MediaWiki (1)
- MySql (2)
- Nagios (2)
- Networking (3)
- open Nebula (5)
- Open Source tools (12)
- OpenNMS (1)
- openSSL (1)
- Oracle on Linux (5)
- Performance Monitoring (1)
- php (1)
- postfix (1)
- postgres (1)
- postgres-XL (1)
- Product Reviews (1)
- Python (2)
- rssh (1)
- Samba (2)
- Scripting (16)
- security (4)
- selinux (1)
- Server (1)
- SFTP (1)
- Social Awareness (2)
- Solaris (1)
- SSL (1)
- svn (1)
- TCP/IP (1)
- Technology (1)
- Tips and Tricks (32)
- Training and materials (8)
- Troubleshooting (6)
- Ubuntu (18)
- unix (1)
- virtualization (17)
- Vmware (25)
- Vyatta (1)
- windows7 (1)
- xml (1)